Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Serenity: Power and Love

When you pray, you open yourself to the influence of the Power which has revealed itself as Love.
-Henri Nouwen

God has been showing me His love in special ways during this season, especially through prayer, so I am intrigued by this quote from the late Henri Nouwen.  Nouwen wrote in a unique way that showed how God's love is very real and accessible.

I continue to grapple with prayer, and the ideas of why I pray, or how I pray (or don't.)  I think it is going to be a long journey for me.  On my journey, I have to remember that God is both powerful and loving.  It's amazing to realize that prayer opens me up to both that power and that love.  And boy, do I need both.  In fact, without God's power, I find it almost impossible to be loving; At least, when loving is hardest--which seems to be when it's most important.

This post is inspired by Melissa at 320 Sycamore, and her regular Sunday Courage for the Week posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment